Commercial reed beds and wetlands are suitable for the treatment and storm water management of waste waters.
- Commercial units, office buildings, shopping centres, hotels, visitor centres, caravan parks, schools, university campuses.
- Highway, airports, car parks, pavements – good petrol and diesel (hydrocarbon) removal.
- Storm water drain/road/ urban runoffs (SUDS sustainable urban drainage systems) (Storm water systems provide drainage, and are a flow buffer and flood prevention between man-made and the natural environment while providing pollution treatment).
- Clean, roof and dirty yard runoffs
- Rainwater harvesting to pond/wetland, acting as a reservoir prior to use for irrigation or recycling
- Coastal bathing water protection
- Recreation park and amenity ponds/lakes
- Golf clubs, pitches, race courses, sporting facilities
- Field runoff filtration buffers
- Drain/ditch planting
- Flood control including attenuation ponds,
- Habitat enhancement and Habitat and catchment management, (stream, river and lake restoration/reintroduction).
Log cabin accommodation, Co. Monaghan – separation system, ground works and tertiary reed bed
Golf course, Co. Antrim – tertiary reed bed
Dwelling, Co. Donegal – aesthetic pond
Visitor centre, Co. Donegal – replanting system.
Adventure centre, Co. Galway – replanting system
Public house, Co. Leitrim – reed bed and willow bed.
Community centre, Co. Leitrim – reed bed
Camping and accommodation centre, Co. Leitrim – secondary reed bed and tertiary wetland
Caravan park, Co. Donegal – secondary reed bed and tertiary wetland