We are an environmental consultancy based in Co. Donegal, specialising in reed bed and wetland solutions within the wastewater treatment sector.
Reed bed and wetland wastewater treatment systems:
- Offer a natural and passive treatment solution for domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural wastewaters.
- We have been designing, supplying, installing and maintaining reed bed and wetland systems since 2003. This experience ensures quality professional service and proven system designs.
- Offer effluent treatment and storm water management options for architects, engineers, landscape designers, community and environmental groups. Also of interest to those specifying plans for a wastewater treatment, managing on site run-off water, seeking compliance with a discharge consent, looking for an alternative to a packaged system or suspected polluting nearby watercourses.
- Tailored designs of reed bed and wetlands systems depending on requirements, whether wastewater treatment, storm water management or drainage systems.
- Planning assistance – design details for submission with planning application.
- Supervised installations, ensuring quality service (supervised installations includes 3 year maintenance)
- Supply only options available (material/component supply)
- Maintenance contracts
- Planting services and Plant supply – range of wetland species and willows
- Discharge licences and Water quality analysis
- PSD (Particle Soil Distribution) & Wetland Soil Liner testing
- Site assessment/percolation testing/site characterisation service also available
- Remedial works and percolation/polishing filter designs for failing systems
- Landscaped pond installations and liner supply
Advantages as compared to traditional wastewater treatment systems
- Low installation costs/low maintenance
- once established the system requires minimal, routine, simple maintenance
- no mechanical parts, pumps, aerators thus no energy requirements, no expensive component replacement costs, low to zero running costs
- no noise or odours
- provides a visually and aesthetically pleasing landscape feature with wildlife biodiversity benefit
- extremely robust, copes easily with varying flows (seasonal flows, e.g. schools, caravan parks, visitor centres)
- suitable for all site conditions, both dry and saturated.
- excellent BOD5 and SS reduction, efficient removal of a range of pollutants, ability to achieve high discharge standards
- can be used with old or overloaded systems and provides an option, where poor percolation exists and favourable in environmentally sensitive areas, where planning may be problematic.
- significantly less de-sludging required due to increased storage space in standard septic tanks.
- natural, passive, reliable, simple and sustainable.
Alvin Morrow B.Sc
Tel: +353 (0)71 9858170
Mob: +353 (0)87 9440370